1. Teachers must use the website at nsdmtac.com to register their students for all festivals. Registration by the specified deadline must include:
• Teacher information accurate and complete
• Student information accurate and complete
• Piece name and composer name spelled correctly with upper and lowercase letters. Accurate time-length to perform piece.
• Level of student if applicable, include opus number, movement
2. A copy of the registration must be printed out and mailed with one check made out to MTAC to the chair of the festival. Checks must be received before the festival date. There will be no refund of any festival fees for any reason.
3. Recital time requests (a.m. or p.m.) must be submitted in writing (via e-mail) to the festival chair. Chairs will try to accommodate these requests but there is no guarantee.
4. Generally, no more than 4 students of a teacher will be scheduled at a recital. If you register more than 4 students, your students will be in 2 different recitals.
5. Teachers are required to attend and assist in recitals. Teachers MUST arrive at the specified time and be prepared to assist in a professional manner. In most cases, you will assist at the recital(s) that your students are performing in.
6. At the festival:
• Students must arrive 15 minutes early to check-in.
• Students must perform the piece as printed on the program. There will be no substitutions or additions.
• Solo music must be memorized. See individual festival guidelines for specific details. Students must bring an original copy of music for the evaluators.
• Students MUST stay for the entire recital. Any exceptions to this must be cleared with the festival chair BEFORE the day of the festival. Any student leaving the recital early will be disqualified in a competitive recital, and will not receive any award in a non-competitive festival.
• Students are required to dress appropriately. No jeans, shorts, revealing skirts or tops. Please inform your students of this dress code. Students who dress inappropriately will be downgraded on their evaluation.
• Video cameras are permitted, but parents are allowed to video ONLY THEIR OWN CHILDREN. No flash photography allowed.
7. Teachers must follow the above guidelines, and are responsible to provide guidelines to their own students. Teachers who do not follow guidelines, or who have students who do not follow guidelines, will be disqualified from future festival participation.
8. All evaluator’s decisions are final. Judges are approved by the board.
9. Active, provisional, student and contributory members may enter their students according to these Festival Rules. Festivals have a maximum number of participants determined by a number of factors. Contributory members will be extended the privilege to participate in Branch Festivals only if space permits. Active, provisional, and student members of the Branch have priority to enter their students in all Festivals.
Back to Programs & Festivals